Brian Litchfield, Director
The primary mission of Chapel Hill Transit is to provide safe, convenient, affordable, reliable, and responsive public transportation services to residents and visitors of the Chapel Hill, Carrboro, and University of North Carolina communities; to be accessible, efficiently operated and supportive of a healthy environment and a sustainable local economy; and to connect and coordinate with other transportation means in the Research Triangle area providing an alternative for local and regional travel.
Chapel Hill Transit is made up of four divisions including the Administrative Division, the Operations Division, the Maintenance Division and the Non-Departmental Division. Duties of the divisions of Chapel Hill Transit include:
- Fixed-route bus services and EZ rider service for the mobility-challenged for the communities of Chapel Hill, Carrboro and the University of North Carolina.
- Operation of the Tar Heel Express – a park and ride shuttle service for special events.
- Oversight of the taxi franchise approvals and renewals according to the Town Code of Ordinances.
- Compliance with State and federal regulations.
- Accurate and timely reporting of statistics.
Using a mobile device? Click here.