1083 Burning Tree Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Term of Service
- Chapel Hill Public Arts Commission: Veterans’ Memorial at Chapel Hill Cemetery Project
- Council Committee on Boards and Commissions
- Council Committee on Economic Development
- Council Committee: Firefighters’ Relief Fund
- Council Committee on Affordable Housing
- Planning Board
- Public Transit Committee
- Durham/Chapel Hill/Orange Work Group (alternate)
The primary mission of the Mayor and Council, as the governing body of the Town is to adopt and provide for the execution of ordinances, rules and regulations as may be necessary or appropriate to protect health, life or property, or to promote the comfort, convenience, security, good order, better government, or the general welfare of the Town and its citizens.
The Mayor and eight Council Members constitute the governing body of the Town. In accordance with the Town’s Charter, the voters elect a Mayor every two years. Council Members are elected to four-year, staggered terms on an at-large basis. Town Council duties include:
- Amendment of previously adopted policies through changes in the Town Code of Ordinances and the Development Ordinance, and by revision of policies and documents.
- Appointment of advisory boards, commissions, task forces and committees.
- Appointment of the Town Manager and Town Attorney.
- Establishment of agreements with other governments.